Friday, April 12, 2013

Blue Ribbon!

After my not-so-great experience at the State Fair last year, I was hesitant to sign up for any more competitions. However, I decided the County Fair should be given a fair chance.

It turns out, I had a much better experience overall! The staff was much nicer this time around, and they treated items respectfully instead of squishing them into deformed blobs. 

As expected, the County Fair is much smaller than the State Fair. Thus, it was a much more pleasant environment. 

This is how I fared at the fair: 






Two Blue Ribbons (First Prize!) and two Red Ribbons (Second!). 

There were some incredible entries across all of the crafts-- quilts, embroidery, pottery. 

This experience was much better-- my amigurumi look like amigurumi still, they're displayed much nicer, and the staff was much friendlier. 

I'm still debating whether or not I'll do the State Fair again. We shall see! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!
    Congratulations!
    I am not at all surprised though ;)
    Your triceratops is soo amazing, I'm glad it got a blue ribbon :D

    ReplyDelete